If you are a lucky owner of a 64-Bit iDevice running iOS 9.1 you are able to jailbreak it! The first Jailbreak for the iPad Pro!
Pangu team released the jailbreak for iOS 9.1 devices only because they had a kernel bug which worked in iOS 9.1 and was patched by Apple in iOS 9.2 and over. It’s important to note that since Apple is no longer signing iOS 9.1 firmware, if you are on a version above (iOS 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3) or below (9.0.2) iOS 9.1 firmware, you can’t upgrade/downgrade to it.
Compatible iOS devices:
iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 1, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPod touch 6.
Make sure that all of your data has been backed up to iTunes or iCloud.
iOS 9.1 running on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
Latest version of iTunes installed on your Mac or Windows.
Download Pangu iOS 9.1 jailbreak for Windows and Mac from here.
- Step To begin, simply connect your iOS device to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Next up, turn on Airplane Mode from the Control Center, followed by switching off Find My iPhone. You can do that by
heading over to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and disabling the feature.
- Disable your device’s Passcode and Touch ID unlock. Head over to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and tapping Turn Passcode Off.
- Now launch the Pangu9 tool you downloaded earlier and hit the Start button to begin the jailbreaking process.
- When asked, simply click on ‘Already backup’ to continue.
- Jailbreak process will now start. During the process, an app named Pangu will appear on your iOS device’s Home screen.
- Once the device reboots automatically, you will be asked to unlock the device and turn on Airplane Mode again. Once done, the jailbreak process will continue again.
- Next, you will be asked to run Pangu app. Once done, wait for the tool to finish the jailbreak process.
- Once the jailbreak process is complete and successful, you will get “Jailbreak completed” message on the tool and your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will restart, after which you should see Cydia app icon appear on the Home screen.